The Mark Pritchard I am
with links to documents and more information about various things I’ve done
Read my writing:
I used to do Frighten the Horses magazine.
Day jobs: Most of what I’ve done in the last 15 years has been at software companies; right now I’m a tech writer at a big enterprise software company. Previously I’ve worked as an English teacher in San Francisco and in Japan; and as a delivery truck driver, layout artist, church secretary, bike messenger dispatcher and dishwasher.
I used to be in Queer Nation and the Street Patrol. The book Family Values by Phyllis Burke covers a great deal of Queer Nation-San Francisco’s most active period, including two protests I had a hand in organizing:The Larry Lea Halloween action:
…and the “Basic Instinct” protests:
I used to do contact improvisation and other dance and performance art. Among the performing I used to do, I was the semi-regular opening act for a group called The Bobs. I wrote a song called “Be My Yoko” that they recorded.
I went to the University of Texas and wrote movie reviews for the Daily Texan in the 1970s
I went to Clear Lake High School in the pit of horror that is the Clear Lake (Tex.) area:
I was a terrible Little Leaguer in Edwardsville, Ill.
- the British Mark Pritchard who records electronica with Tom Middleton.
- a different British Mark Pritchard who is a singer-songwriter in the U.K.
- still another Mark Pritchard from the U.K. who is a conservative member of Parliament
- an Australian Mark Pritchard who renamed himself Beelzebub or Belzebuub and is the secretive center of a esoteric sect that claims to teach “astral travel” and “tantrism”
- the Mark Pritchard who lives in the U.K. and still works for BEA, my former employer. We used to get email for each other all the time.
- the Mark Pritchard who is a TV producer in L.A. and owns the markpritchard.us domain.
- the Mark Pritchard from Australia who contributed to a book on Borland Special Edition Using Delphi 3.
- A Mark Pritchard in L.A. who has a video podcast.
- a “developer of homes” in Austin, Tx., though I went to college in Austin.
- any of the people on the web called Mark A. Pritchard. My middle initial is A but I never use it.
- any of the Mark Pritchards who live in the U.K., Australia or other English-speaking lands, where Pritchard is a fairly common surname — including the U.K. Mark Pritchard who wrote a book on learning to drive